Gain Access to Your Success!
To become an MRIS Customer, you must first be affiliated with an Active MRIS Broker.
Please take a moment to download and familiarize yourself with the MRIS Rules & Regulations.
Note: If you are a member of one of our Shareholding Associations, you qualify for the lower Shareholder rate. Click here for a list of the current MRIS Shareholding Associations.
To begin the application process, please click on a link below:
Licensed Real Estate Agents
- If your license number or state has changed while you were away, it is necessary to update your information before you return. Please call the MRIS Support Center (301-838-7200) to update your license information prior to using the above link to rejoin MRIS.
- All returning customers will be asked for their MRIS Customer ID. If this does not occur, please immediately contact the MRIS Support Center at 301-838-7200 to ensure proper processing.
- If your Broker Office has changed, this must be updated prior to rejoining MRIS. Please call the MRIS Support Center (301-838-7200) to update.
- MRIS accounts that have been inactive or suspended for over 30 days will be charged a $295 reinstatement fee. There is no reinstatement fee for accounts that are reinstated within 30 days.
- MRIS recently updated our billing system as part of our new customer portal, MRIS Connect. Please visit MRIS.com/BillingUpdates for more information.
Broker Returning to MRIS - Please call the MRIS Support Center (301-838-7200) for assistance.
Appraisers (Including Personal Assistants to Appraisers)
If you are a current MRIS customer and need to transfer listings and/or brokerages please visit the My Account section.
Please note if you prefer to have MRIS mail you a subscription agreement, please email your request to Support Center, include your Name, Address, Phone Number and/or Fax Number and indicate the types of Subscription Agreement you need. Once you have completed the application, fax it back to MRIS, processing time is approximately 3 to 5 business days.